Connect To Self Retreat
April 29 - May 6, 2024
Join me for an 8 day connect to self-retreat in the Alentejo region of Portugal where I will guide you back to you and reconnect you to who you really are.
- Start each day with a morning yoga practice followed by a delicious wholesome breakfast
- Spend the day:
- Experiencing nature and local culture
- Connecting to yourself and nature
- Dive into the saltwater pool to refresh the body or take a nap in your room during down time
- Enjoy an outdoor yoga practice before dinner
- Explore local cuisine and enjoy delicious farm to table local fresh meals
- Visit the local village
- Learn about local plants, trees, agriculture, culture practices
- Visit Vila Nova de Milfontes where we will spend a day exploring
- End each day with a guided group meditation before bed
- Reconnect to your inner self
- Enjoy warm weather and blue skies
- Inhale fresh air
- Enjoy exquisite local cuisine
- Experience local culture
- Rebalance your energy
- Nourish your body
- Nurture your soul
- Relax & Rejuvenate
The retreat is offered in the Alentejo region of Portugal near a small village.
Alentejo is one of Portugal's hidden gems. The region has splendid beaches, rugged landscape, golden plains, rolling hills and some of the Portugal's best wineries, it is still little known to an outsider.
This is an opportunity to visit a little visited but enormously beautiful region to discover not just its nature and architecture but also its unique cuisine.
Our accommodation is located 2.5km from the village.
Rooms are decorated in rustic style with bathroom, television and refrigerator in each room.
It also has an outdoor saltwater pool, comfortable outdoor sitting areas, very relaxing vibe and breathtaking country views.
Retreat - Includes
- 7 Nights Ensuite Accommodation
- 3 daily meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- 14 Yoga Sessions
- 7 Breathing and Guided Meditation Sessions
- 1 Ayurvedic Massage
- Guided Local Hike and adventures
- Day in Vila Nova de Milfontes
- Boat Ride along the River in Vila Nova de Milfontes or something similar
- Transportation to get to the retreat
- Other personal expenses
- Extra activities outside what's included in the retreat
How To Get Here
- Airport - Lisbon airport
- From Lisbon you can:
- Take public transportation to the village - Bus schedule is very limited. You will need to plan accordingly. More information provided upon registration.
- Rent a car and explore more of Portugal
Thanks for the great retreat!
Since this was my first retreat with
you, I didn't know what to expect, but I'm very happy I went.
The venue was perfect, with its views of the rolling pastures, positioned a short distance from a small town, with just the right amount of isolation and separation. It was also nice that we had the place to ourselves.
The food was excellent. I loved that it was healthy, mostly
vegetarian, mostly farm to table, and prepared by local people.
The field trips gave a good mix of activities and down time.
I know some people didn't like the long hike, but I liked it.
I also liked the emphasis on doing cultural activities.
The yoga was at a good level for me, since it had been so long that I had a formal yoga practice. I liked that there weren't any extreme positions, and that the evening sessions were outside. I liked that there were two sessions to bookend each day.
In general I found the retreat to be very relaxing, and I got all the
down time that I wanted. It definitely helped my well being, and
inspired me to add some additional stretches to my daily routines. My favorite part was the venue. Carlos was a great host, the staff were friendly and helpful, the views were excellent, the rooms were clean, and it was very quiet. The dogs were an unexpected pleasure!
I've tried to come up with some suggestions to make the retreat even better, but I can't think of any!
It was great to meet you and to learn from you. - Mike
Mary thank YOU for all your creative planning and details!
That’s what made this retreat (and your others - this was #4 for me) so special.
The setting was spectacular- remote and peaceful. Carlos and his staff were friendly and helpful.
We were immersed in the Portuguese culture through the local people and activities which is so key to feeling connected.
It was a casual and “family” feeling. We had a nice blend of people in our group too.
Our daily meals were fabulous- always a variety and plentiful.
The balance of activities was just right too - from local hiking with Larissa who was so knowledgeable- to our incredible massages with Patricia - to our beautiful boat ride along the river.
We were also blessed by sunny weather and great temperatures all week too.
It’s just what I needed in a vacation retreat! Namaste! - Nancy